Utilizing Our Experience, Knowledge And Expertise To Help You And Your Family Recover Maximum Compensation
Bill is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He did his undergraduate work both at North Dakota State University and at Moorhead State University in Minnesota, where he completed his under-graduate degree magna cum laude. After graduating from Baylor University School of Law, he began practicing as a defense lawyer for one of the 25 largest law firms in the state of Texas.
After several years of defense work, Bill recognized his passions were on the plaintiffs' side and now he exclusively represents victims of negligence as a trial lawyer. He brings to the table a unique perspective from both sides of the "v" that enables him to foreshadow the moves of his opponent. As a plaintiff's trial lawyer, Bill's practice includes catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases of all types, all across the country.
Bill is licensed in all state courts of Texas, as well as numerous United States District Courts around the country. Bill was sworn in to the United States Supreme Court in 2011, giving him the distinguished privilege of being able to argue cases in front of our Nation's highest court. Bill also has actively represented clients in pharmaceutical litigation in all 50 states, and has appeared before courts from coast to coast.
In addition to Bill's reputation for obtaining accountability from big drug companies, Bill prides himself on his dedicated team of lawyers, paralegals and legal staff. His team is devoted to helping clients heal from their physical and emotional wounds while diligently working to achieve success in their cases. Curtis Law Group uses the latest technology and case management software to efficiently manage all aspects of the litigation lifecycle. The team at Curtis Law Group is dedicated to providing superior client satisfaction and has an "all hands-on deck" approach to ensuring every case, no matter how big or small, receives exceptional legal services.
Aside from filing lawsuits against negligent companies, Bill is a frequent author and speaker, and for several years was a contributing author to an annual survey on tort law in the SMU Law Review. He served as a Trustee for the National College of Advocacy, and has held various positions on numerous committees for The American Association of Justice.
For over a decade, Bill served on the Board of Directors for the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and Dallas Trial Lawyers Association. He has earned a membership in the State Bar College of Texas. Bill is an invited member to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and for nearly 20 years has been repeatedly named by Texas Monthly as a Texas Super Lawyer. Bill has been recognized as AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale Hubbell and by his fellow trial lawyers, an honor earned by only a select few. Because of his expertise in personal injury trial law, Bill is frequently interviewed by national news media, such as the New York Times, the Washington Post, Lawyers Weekly and numerous others.
Current Employment Position
- Personal Injury
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- American Association of Justice (AAJ)
- Vice-Chair Sections & Litigation, Coordinating Committee, Past
- National College of Advocacy - Trustee, Past
- Chair, Reglan Litigation Group
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, Emeritus
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, Emeritus
- Dallas Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
Certified Legal Specialties:
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law/Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- North Dakota State University
- Moorhead State University
- AV Preeminent rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Texas Super Lawyer 2003 and yearly since, Texas Monthly Magazine
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Phi Delta Phi
- Contributing Author, 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2000 Annual Survey of Texas Law, “Personal Torts,” SMU Law Review
- Author, 1997 Advanced Trial Advocacy for Winners Course, “Closing Arguments - Plaintiff’s Perspective”
- Contributing Author, 1997 Advanced Evidence and Discovery Course, State Bar of Texas “Evidence on Damages”