Utilizing Our Experience, Knowledge And Expertise To Help You And Your Family Recover Maximum Compensation
Frederick H. Shiver
Certified Legal Specialties:
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Fred is a trial lawyer with more than 30 years of trial and appellate experience. He focuses his practice solely on representing victims and their families who have suffered serious personal injury or lost a loved one because of the fault of others.
Fred has been Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization for 20 years.
Fred was born in Wichita, Kansas, received his Bachelor of Science degree from Wichita State University in 1969 and received his Juris Doctor from Southern Methodist University in 1973. He began practicing as a plaintiff's lawyer with the firm of Baker & Foreman in Dallas Texas and then opened his own law firm in 1979. In 2000 he cofounded the firm of Parham, Jones and Shiver, LLP, and in 2006 he co-founded the firm of Russell & Shiver, LLP.
On September 1, 2013 he joined his good friend Bill Curtis at Curtis Law Group in an Of Counsel capacity.
Fred has tried over 50 cases to verdict representing only plaintiffs, and has handled many hundreds of trucking, automobile and air travel accidents, defective products, medical malpractice and insurance litigation cases.
Fred recognizes that a serious personal injury accident is more than just a legal matter . . . it is a deeply personal story about traumatic change in the life of an accident victim as well as his or her family. From the start of his law career, outstanding personal service was his goal, and it remains so today. Fred's ultimate goal is to obtain a full and fair recovery for each client. Along the way, he seeks to provide personalized attention and compassionate counsel to each client. Ultimately, if a particular law suit presents the opportunity for the implementation of positive safety changes by the trucking companies, the product manufactures or the health care providers . . . then those safety changes lead to a safer community for all of our families.
For over a decade, he was a member of the Board of Directors of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and also a member of the Board of Directors of the Dallas Trial Lawyers Association.
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel
- U.S. Army Reserve - Judge Advocate General’s Corps, 1969 - 1976
- Personal Injury
- Texas Super Lawyer (Texas Monthly), 2003-2008
- AV rated Attorney by the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings since 1978
- ABOTA - American Board of Trial Advocates since 1998
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1973
- Wichita State University, Wichita, Kansas
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 00/1969
- Texas, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1973
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1983
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1995